Social Media Sub-Contractor, Project House
Project House is a growing, Vancouver-based consulting and outsourcing company. We partner with businesses of all sizes to tackle projects outside of their expertise or capacity, freeing them up to focus on their core business, and saving them time and money.
We are searching for a creative and energetic individual to assist with Social Media presence, both internally to Project House and, potentially, for our clients.
What to Expect:
This is an entry-mid level sub-contractor opportunity that requires at least one year of social media marketing experience, gained through internships or similar employment, or the equivalent in school work projects and experience. This role carries the great responsibility of effectively representing Project House and/or our clients to the public. Professionalism, tact, and maturity are expected, even in the casual environment of Twitter. Hours may be irregular as updates are often required outside of regular business hours.
In consultation with Project House Principals, the Social Media Sub-Contractor will be expected to:
- Create innovative & engaging content that speaks with a consistent brand voice and persona across all social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, blogs)
- Suggest new and relevant ways to use social media and attract prospective customers
- Develop and maintain social media posting schedules and digital library
- Identify influential personalities/companies for target market(s) and find effective ways to engage them with our brand
- Interact with followers regularly by directing questions to respective team members and maintaining a clear flow of communication between end users and company
- Research and stay ahead of social media and digital innovation tools and trends
- Apply best practices in optimizing content
- Be actively involved in online groups that foster community relationships
- Collaborate and liaise with leadership and Graphic Designer in developing content projects
- Report on online reviews/feedback/activity/analytics to develop intelligence that can be used to guide future decisions
To be successful in this role, you will be:
- Passionate about social media and its role in business development
- Curious about the brand(s) and services/products you are representing on social media
- Eager to understand audience preferences and interested in discovering current trends
- Dedicated to staying on top of social media platform updates
- Skilled at facilitating online conversations and responding to queries
- Capable of working independently, taking feedback and direction, and quickly adapting to changing circumstances
- Bright, talented, fun to work with but serious about work, and excited to learn and contribute
Skills and Education:
- Secondary Education in Marketing, Journalism or Communications (or equivalent education or career experience)
- Excellent communication skills (especially written) and able to deliver sharp, creative, brand-appropriate content across multiple social media platforms
- Basic understanding of the WordPress platform
- amiliarity with online marketing strategies and channels
- Effective planning, multitasking, and analytical skills
Please send a cover letter and resume/work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information regarding your rates or fee structure would also be appreciated.